A violin case is considered to be one of the most essential and important tools that you should own if you’re a violinist.
The best violin cases that are currently available on the market will keep your violin safe and secure as you head towards a practice or performance session.
Needless to mention, all violinists need a good violin bag (i.e. a violin travel case) for storage purposes when they aren’t using the instrument.
However, purchasing the “best violin case” is a tricky and cumbersome task since there are many different styles to choose from which include waterproof violin cases, backpack violin cases, carbon fiber violin case, and lots more.
In order to help you make a meaningful buying decision, this article will cover “Top 7 Best Violin Case Reviews” so that you can find your ideal violin case.
7 Best Violin Case Reviews
ADM Professional Sturdy Violin Case
This is a professional, sturdy, full-size, oblong wooden hard case that comes with a hygrometer, lock, and well-built and spacious compartments to store and organize your belongings.
Key Features :
- Violin Cases Full Size: This is a full-size, oblong wooden hard case that features a plush velvet interior and durable fabric exterior with a full suspension system.
- Shoulder Strap Carrying Options: The model features four “Metal Extra D-Rings” which are convenient for carrying as a shoulder backpack. Also, it includes a leather handle, four locking bow spinners, premium YKK zippers, tail block sponge, string tube, and three interior accessory pockets.
- 1-year Manufacturer Warranty: With this product, you will get a one year warranty against all manufacturer’s defects.
- Size – 31.7 x 9.6 x 5.5 inches
- Weight – 6.5 pounds
- Material – Wood
- It features an excellent construction, superior instrument protection, and quality inside and out.
- It’s reasonable.
- No major cons to be mentioned in this section.
Aileen Full Size Luxury Violin Case Hard with Hygrometer
As mentioned in the earlier section, violin case is one of the most valuable tools for a violinist. This case will keep your instrument safe when you are performing or practicing.
So, this brand has brought a revolutionary new lightweight case that can carry both your violin and its important accessories with ease! Read below and reveal the three primary features of this instrument.
- Adequate Storage: This carrying case for violin comes with ample space that can store a shoulder rest holder and two bows.
- Ultra-light and Easy to Carry: The outer case is constructed with lightweight, reinforced, and fine-quality fiberglass material that will protect your instrument. Plus, it comes with three metal D-rings with adjustable straps for carrying with ease and convenience.
- Hygrometer: The built-in hygrometer features a moisture level monitoring system that ensures the shape and sound quality of your violin is never compromised.
- Size – 4/4 full size violin
- Weight – 5 pounds
- Exterior – Gloss fiberglass
- Interior – Premium quilted velvet
- Hygrometer – Included
- With Maple back, full Ebony fittings, and fine-grained solid spruce top, this product claims to be one of the best violin pieces.
- It’s suitable for all violinists including both beginners and advanced professionals.
- The quality of in-built hygrometer could be improved.
Crossrock 4/4 Full Size Violin Case
The case is designed for a 4/4 full size violin. So, if you own a full-size violin and you are looking for a right case, then make sure to go through this section of the best violin cases review.
The product comes with a solid rectangular shape with ample amount of storage space.
Therefore, you can easily place all of your essential accessories into this box, along with your expensive violin and protect it against damage.
- Excellent Construction: The product features a hard foam core inside, along with deep plush lining & half suspension design.
- Good Lock Closing System: This rectangular shaped violin case features a great lock closing system (with premium-quality zippers)
- Large Accessory Compartment: The product comes with a large accessory compartment with two bow holders and a lid.
- Size: 31.9 x 12.6 x 6.3 inches
- Color: Champagne
- Weight: 5.1 pounds
- It features an excellent construction.
- It comes with ample storage space.
- The product is a bit bulky. Other than that, there are no other cons to be mentioned.
Featherweight C-3960 Deluxe Violin Case (Rectangular and 4/4 Size)
If you are looking for an oblong violin case that combines quality craftsmanship, less weight, and an attractively low price, then this product will be the right one for you!
A shell of rigid and poly-expanded foam is covered with Cordura fabric in order to offer the ultimate protection with maximum ease of transport.
Its plush interior even features ample space for two bows & a large accessory pocket.
Its comfortable case handle and heavy-duty zipper are quality features which help make this model as your best choice as an affordable violin case!
- Arched-top and ultra-light foam construction offer an optimum durability.
- Molded and padded interior with neck support & Velcro strap further ensures a snug and protective fit.
- Size: 5.2 x 10 x 32 inches
- Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Style: Rectangular Shaped
- Size: Full-size
- Rigid foam construction offers great protection.
- It is affordable.
- It comes with ample storage space.
- No color options are available.
Portland Oblong Violin Case
Kennedy Violins is widely considered to be one of the best violin brands. In fact, they are considered to be one of the most popular violin retailers.
So, if you are looking for an ideal violin box for your full-size Kennedy Violins product, then this product will be worth your attention.
It is designed according to the specifications of a standard full-size Kennedy Violins musical instrument. Keep reading to explore its key features.
- It’s Efficient and Useful: This violin case is lightweight, full-suspension, and high-density foam case that comes with adequate storage space for storing four bows, additional accessories, padded straps, lined violin blanket, genuine YKK zippers, and weatherproof woven-nylon exterior.
- Uncompromising Warranty Period: This product features a solid one-year full warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
- Size: 31.5 x 5.5 x 11.2 inches
- Weight: 3.9 pounds
- It’s lightweight.
- It comes with multiple D-rings for multiple carrying options.
- It features a smoothly shaped ergonomic handle.
- No major cons to be mentioned in this section.
Protec 4/4 Professional Violin Case
This sturdy violin case is designed for professional violinists. This fine hardshell violin case features suspension padding, a soft wine velvet interior, hygrometer, humidifier, four English bow clips, string tube, and a luxurious blanket.
Whereas, its exterior has leather accents, large front pocket, built in rain-jacket, TSA lock, and sturdy handle (along with a hook ‘n loop leatherette closure).
The model also includes a shoulder strap. If you are looking for a cost-effective and efficient alternative to the so-called and expensive accord violin cases, then this product will be an absolute must for you.
This is widely considered to be one of the best violin cases of 2019.
- Weather Resistant: Featuring a 1680D ballistic nylon exterior & built-in rain jacket, the product claims to be a perfect weather-resistant violin box.
- Velvet Interior: Both the exterior and interior of this product are well-constructed. The interior features a soft wine velvet interior.
- Additional Features: The additional feature of this cool violin cases include sturdy TSA lock, four bow clips, and front pockets.
- Size: 31.2 x 5.8 x 9.5 inches (full-size)
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Interior: Velvet
- It’s weather resistant, sturdy, and functional violin accessory.
- Both exterior and interior are well-crafted.
- It’s rectangular shaped and comes with adequate storage space.
- No color options are available.
Protec MX044 4/4 Violin Shaped MAX Case
This Shaped Violin Case offers a great value and good protection from external damage.
It is designed with an ultra-light EPS foam frame so that it can deflect the impact; the case even features suspension padding, a soft plush interior lining, soft violin blanket, two interior accessory compartments, and two bow clips.
Want to know more about this excellent violin case? If yes, then make sure to check the following sections.
- Great Protection Against Exterior Damage: The model features a soft non-abrasive interior lining, interior accessory compartment, and suspension padding. It is constructed with a lightweight shock absorbing foam frame. Plus, the product comes with a large front-side zippered pocket, small accessory zippered pouch, and a tough 600D nylon exterior.
- The Model Is Backpackable: The product comes with a dual-corded handle design, a padded handle wrap, convenient subway handle, removable backpack straps, and adjustable shoulder strap. Therefore, you can easily carry it as a backpack while traveling.
- Size: 32 x 13 x 6 inches
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Style: Shaped Case
- Size: Full-size
- It’s extremely lightweight.
- It is backpackable.
- It comes with long lasting custom molded zippers & durable molded rubber feet.
- Interior accessory compartment space is quite inadequate for carrying additional accessories like bow and rosin.
The Most Helpful Buying Guide with Best Case Update
So, what are the best violin case brands? What is the cheap, cost-effective, and well-built violin case backpack that’s available on the market? —
If you are looking for an expert opinion on this subject, then do not look any further as you have landed on the right page.
We truly understand your requirements and that’s why this article will reveal a compiled list cum review of seven violin case covers with an insightful buying guide.
Check The Depth Mendini Violin Reviews
Feature various types of materials, sizes, and shapes. For example, if you are using a delicate violin that’s relatively expensive, then you may probably need to purchase a protective, well-built, and professional violin case.
However, if you travel very frequently, then you will require a travel-friendly, easy to carry, and lightweight violin case. Likewise, many people often prefer to use hard shell violin case or wooden violin case. Keep reading in order to reveal more information about the ideal material of a violin case.
You may have spent loads of time in finding the right material while purchasing a violin.
Now, it is equally important to find the ideal material that will protect your delicate musical instrument from shock, pressure, dust, and dirt.
That’s why it’s often stated that “the best violins should be always protected with a reliable carrying case”.
Note: three materials are commonly used for constructing a violin travel case, such as carbon fiber, compacted foam, and wood.
If you are looking for the best lightweight violin case, then a carbon fiber violin case should be apt for you. This is because – the material of carbon fiber is extremely lightweight, durable, and sturdy.
You can easily travel around with your violin once you have owned a carbon fiber violin case. Apart from portability and travel-friendliness, these cases are considered to be “crush-resistant”.
The only negative aspect of carbon fiber is they do not have insulating properties and they are not weather-proof (as compared to other common materials like wood and compacted foam)
If you own the best violin for beginners and you are planning to buy a cheap violin case, then you may consider purchasing a compacted foam violin carrying case.
As similar to carbon fiber, these violin cases are lightweight and portable. They are widely considered to be the best violin cases for beginners because of their cheap, pocket-friendly, and cost-effective price tag.
However, these types of cheap and cool violin accessories are not very much sturdy and durable. Plus, they can’t provide you a 100% protection against exterior weather conditions.
Wood is obviously a heavier and tougher material while compared to the aforementioned two materials. If you are looking for a hard violin case, then the wood will be the right choice of material for you.
Apart from that, violin hard cases that are constructed with premium-quality wood possess better insulation properties as compared to compacted foam.
However, since this material is quite heavy and tough, it is not suited for those musicians who travel a lot (quite frequently).
Note: wood violin cases are considered to be one of the most expensive violin cases.
Shapes and Sizes
While the material is the key factor while purchasing a suitable violin case, the second most important parameter is its size and shape.
Please note, four types of shapes are commonly available for violin cases that include oblong violin case, dart violin case, rectangular violin box, and contoured violin case.
The beginner-level violin players prefer to use either a contoured violin case or a dart violin case since they are compact, lightweight, cheaper, and easy to carry.
However, these violin boxes do not have any additional compartments for storing the accessories like a bow, rosin, or spare strings etc.
On the other hand, a rectangular violin box or oblong violin case allows you to place more accessories into its compartment.
These models are larger and slightly bulkier than a dart or contoured violin case.
Coming to the size, if you are using a 4/4 or full-size violin, then you need to purchase and use a full size violin case that can easily accommodate your 4/4 violin. For a detailed review on “violin case full size”, please take a look at our “violin cases reviews” section.
Exterior and Interior Features
The exterior features of violin hardcase include an exterior accessory pocket, backpack straps, and/or sling straps.
Note, the exterior accessory pocket allows you to store important accessories or belongings, such as notebooks, rosin, and spare strings.
Whereas backpack straps and sling straps allow you to carry your instrument with ease and comfort.
When considering the interior features of a violin, you must give a quick attention if the interior compartment can perfectly fit your instrument.
If your violin has some unique dimensions, you need to be more careful about the size and shape of a violin case.
Also, the interior compartment should be capable enough to protect your violin during transit and prevent shocks, pressure, and damage as much as possible.
The common materials for interior compartments include silk, suede, cotton, velvet, and nylon.
The Final Verdict:
With this, you have revealed a detailed overview of seven best violin cases reviews for 2018. Before buying your ideal product, make sure to follow the aforementioned buying guide and purchase the most suitable product that fulfills your needs.